The Bible offers guidance on many issues. But when it coms to issues like divorce and remarriage in the church, there are still many questions that don’t have quick and easy answers. Questions like …
- Is adultery the only grounds for divorce?
- Is remarriage considered adultery?
- What should you do if your spouse walks away from the marriage?
Dr. David Instone-Brewer helps clear things up on these issues that continue to remain controversial in the church today. Originally recorded in 2013 on the grounds of Tyndale House in Cambridge, England, today’s episode of the Great Stories podcast is packed with answers to some of the toughest questions surrounding divorce and remarriage, along with helpful insights on what is actually said in the Bible and how the church should respond.
Dr. Instone-Brewer is the author of several books, including Divorce and Remarriage in the Church. He is also a research fellow at Tyndale House, which is a research library in biblical studies located in Cambridge, England. He previously served as a Baptist minister.
- Take a deeper dive into the research behind Dr. David Instone-Brewer’s conclusions by getting a copy of his book on the topic.
- Read some excerpts from his book in this short blog titled 4 Questions you were scared to ask about divorce and remarriage.
You can also find the podcast on …
If you liked what you heard, please write a review and help new listeners discover the show!
Sign up for the Great Stories Podcast newsletter to get a weekly update on new episodes each Wednesday.