You may have seen the headlines about protests in Cuba, but this only scratches the surface of what is actually taking place on the ground today.
Internet is restricted, foreign aid is nearly impossible to get a hold of, and the threat of imprisonment is very real, even for those observing peaceful protests from a distance.
Would you join us now in praying for the people in Cuba during this tumultuous time? Here are five ways you can pray for Cubans today:
- The Cuban church continues to speak a message, not of violent uprising, but of peace in Christ. Please pray for a peaceful resolution between anti-government protesters and people in power.
- Cuban Christians are also praying for their rulers and authorities to turn to Jesus. This is a tall order for a Communist, atheist state like Cuba. Please pray the Holy Spirit will begin a powerful work in their hearts.
- The Covid variant that was so deadly in India is making its rounds in Cuba right now. As many have little access to medical supplies and health care, please pray for an end to the spread of this deadly variant.
- People are crying out for aid, but the political situation is making it difficult for it to reach the people who need it most. Please pray for channels to open wide for foreign aid to get through.
- Ultimately, Cubans are feeling isolated. This large Caribbean island off the coast of Florida is virtually cut off from the rest of the world. Radio and compressed data files are some of the only ways we can communicate on a large scale. As Haven Ministries’ Cuba broadcast El Faro de Redención crafts programs specifically for Cubans in their current situation, please pray that the message gets through, without hindrance, into the hearts and homes of countless Cubans throughout this troubled island.
Thank you so much for joining us in prayer for the Cuban people. It may seem like we are powerless from a distance, but in Christ our payers can move mountains.
>> To learn more, listen to this week’s Haven Today series called Cuba in Crisis.
Cuba is a country already filled with great suffering, and under the weight of COVID, their struggles have only increased. Yet the hand of God is evident, as more Cubans are open to hearing about the hope of Jesus.
El Faro de Redención—in English, Redemption Lighthouse—is Haven Ministries’ daily Spanish broadcast shining the light of Christ from all of Scripture for all of Cuba and with listeners around the world.
Will you help make an everlasting impact in Cuba?