Haven Today Email Updates

Keep up to date with the latest

Check boxes for the news you would like to receive

selectGeneral List
selectDaily Program
selectBlog Updates
selectWeekly Update
selectLetters From Charles

Search

Type what you are looking for.

Find A Station

Type in your zipcode

The Story Behind Psalty the Singing Songbook

Psalty the Singing Songbook is a little bizarre at first glance, but this beloved character and his songs have touched millions of lives around the world for the past 40 years.

In 1979, Ernie and Debby Rettino set out to create the very first praise album produced especially for kids. But as they got going, the Rettinos quickly discovered they were missing something vital. They needed a character to help kids better understand God’s desire for worship. Moments later, they came up with Psalty.

Kids Praise Christmas Set

Specially gift-wrapped and available exclusively at Haven Ministries…

Volumes 1-3 are full of lively classics like “Amen, Praise the Lord,” “The Butterfly Song,” and “Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God”. Psalty helps kids know they are each God’s special child because God loves them. Fun songs with lots of scripture to hide in their hearts, and a story that fires up kid’s imaginations and brings them into the action, praising the Lord. In Psalty’s Christmas Calamity, Psalty & the Kids learn to trust God in all circumstances and that even if things don’t go right, Christmas is a time to love.

12 Comments

• Christie Elise Catallo says:

I remember loving Kids Praise Music Psalty when I was 7 and and in my teens!! I remember when I met him and danced with him! Many of the songs that were sung at OCC were Psalty songs including Jesus Name Above All Names!

• Debbie Pappas says:

I remember playing this cassette in our mini van for our children. We would sing our hearts out and it was great. I was wondering if there is a list of all the songs on the different CD’s. I remember the song “Beautiful Feet”. Is that on one of the CD’s?

• Corum Hughes says:

Hi Debbie. You might find a list of each individual song on iTunes or other places to you would download song files. It looks like “Beautiful Feet” is on Kids Praise 4, which is not one of the albums we’re currently carrying. Thanks for sharing your memories with these albums. It’s encouraging to see how many people still love Psalty.

• Rosemary Hagen says:

If you ever wanted to teach by example how to praise. If you ever wanted to be lifted from whatever you are expecting into a place of joy, listening to and singing along with this music is the way to go. So much FUN for everyone; an easy way to get a carload of people on the same page with little effort. Travel by car long distances and short can be daunting depending on the personalities and ages of kids/ adults in a car, but not with the atmosphere provided by this music.

• Danielle Battisti says:

Psalty is the BEST!! My adult kids still remember the songs and situations. I love Psalty myself… truly God was in this!

• Susan Campbell says:

I grew up with Psalty and my kids grew up with Psalty and now I ordered a couple of sets for the Grandbabies and Godchildren to grow up with Psalty. Love the music and the fun! Thankyou so much!

• jessica gonzalez says:

I LOVED these as a kid and can’t wait to share them with my kids. Also don’t forget about HiTops, that was awesome also.

• Ifeoma says:

I grew up enjoying the Kids Praise songs. Now my kids are singing along and dancing in delight to the very same songs! Glory to God!

• Nicole says:

We used to put on big productions on with the churches in our town of Psalty the singing songbook. I was one of the kids praise kids and my brother played Psalty’s son. I still sing these songs to my kids. Such an amazing impact they had on so many kids!

• Sally A Atkinson says:

Our kids grew up on Psalty in the 80’s and our church Hosanna Chapel in Bellflower put on several programs. So glad to see you all keeping it alive for our grandchildren!