Summer 2022 has been marked by record inflation, intolerable gas prices, and the question of whether or not the US economy is in a recession. With so much uncertainty surrounding finances, this is a good time for Christians to consider their relationship with Jesus and money.
This week’s episode of the Great Stories Podcast returns to a 2012 conversation where Charles Morris asked Bible scholar and Professor of New Testament at Asbury Theological Seminary Dr. Ben Witherington III some hard-to-face questions about money. Questions like:
- What should a Christian do with his or her money?
- What does the Bible say about tithing?
- What are the myths that Christians believe about money?
Whether you have immense wealth or meager means, we pray this conversation will be a great way for you to consider how Jesus would want you to relate to your income, possessions, and the things of this world that moth and rust destroy.
- Get a copy of Ben Witherington’s book Jesus and Money: A Guide for Times of Financial Crisis.
- Read this blog about What’s Wrong with the Prosperity Gospel.
- Listen to this podcast with Costi Hinn on Walking Away from the Prosperity Gospel.
- Get a copy of Costi Hinn’s book God, Greed, and the (Prosperity) Gospel.
You can also find the podcast on …
If you liked what you heard, please write a review and help new listeners discover the show!
Sign up for the Great Stories Podcast newsletter to get a weekly update on new episodes each Wednesday.