Haven Today Email Updates

Keep up to date with the latest


Check boxes for the news you would like to receive

selectGeneral List
selectDaily Program
selectBlog Updates
selectWeekly Update
selectLetters From Charles

Search

Type what you are looking for.


Find A Station

Type in your zipcode


August 14, 2019

“Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, ‘I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!’”

Mark 9:24

Probably 90% of my soldiers don’t know the gospel. The other 10% struggle to embrace it on a day-to-day basis. I know I certainly do. While I might know Scripture and a host of theological truths, even a chaplain struggles to embrace the very truths I confess and share. Can you relate to that?

Some of us are better at explaining our God than experiencing Him. I can tell you that God has loved us from eternity past (Ephesians 1), yet many times I do not live as if I trust His love. I resist being vulnerable with God in prayer and in trusting that He will not let anything separate me from His love (Romans 8:28-39). But there is often a gap between what I believe to be true and what I truly believe.

Here is a bond we share with our unbelieving friends. While they do not believe in the true God, we struggle to trust the God in whom we believe. This should lead us to cry out, “I believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Thankfully, we are not measured by the quality of our faith; what matters is the One in whom we believe.




Scripture Focus

Mark 9:14-29

Insight

“The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes.” (Billy Graham, 1918-2018)

Bible In A Year

  • Job 3-4
  • Psalm 44
  • Luke 7