Haven Today Email Updates

Keep up to date with the latest

Check boxes for the news you would like to receive

selectGeneral List
selectDaily Program
selectBlog Updates
selectWeekly Update
selectLetters From Charles

Search

Type what you are looking for.

Find A Station

Type in your zipcode

Psalty the Singing Songbook is a little bizarre at first glance, but this beloved character and his songs have touched millions of lives around the world for the past 40 years.

In 1979, Ernie and Debby Rettino set out to create the very first praise album produced especially for kids. But as they got going, the Rettinos quickly discovered they were missing something vital. They needed a character to help kids better understand God’s desire for worship. Moments later, they came up with Psalty.

Kids Praise Vol. 1-3

When kids think about Jesus and how much He loves them, the songs in Psalty’s pages begin. Classics like “Amen, Praise the Lord,” “The Butterfly Song,” and “Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God,” are on these albums. And it’s the classic character Psalty that helps children know they are each God’s special child because God loves them. These fun songs include lots of Scripture for kids to hide in their hearts, as well as a story that fires up their imaginations and brings them into the action, praising the Lord.

Creators Ernie and Debby Rettino still hear from kids, now adults, every day with stories of what God has done with their lives and how much the albums influenced them. The Bible verses they learned as kids in the songs on Kids Praise stayed with them throughout their lives and now those grown kids want their own children to have the same opportunity.

As our “thanks” for your gift to Haven, we’d love to send you this classic bundle to help the kids in your life praise and worship the Lord.

Post Comments

8 Comments

• Christie Elise Catallo says:

I remember loving Kids Praise Music Psalty when I was 7 and and in my teens!! I remember when I met him and danced with him! Many of the songs that were sung at OCC were Psalty songs including Jesus Name Above All Names!

• Debbie Pappas says:

I remember playing this cassette in our mini van for our children. We would sing our hearts out and it was great. I was wondering if there is a list of all the songs on the different CD’s. I remember the song “Beautiful Feet”. Is that on one of the CD’s?

• Corum Hughes says:

Hi Debbie. You might find a list of each individual song on iTunes or other places to you would download song files. It looks like “Beautiful Feet” is on Kids Praise 4, which is not one of the albums we’re currently carrying. Thanks for sharing your memories with these albums. It’s encouraging to see how many people still love Psalty.

• Rosemary Hagen says:

If you ever wanted to teach by example how to praise. If you ever wanted to be lifted from whatever you are expecting into a place of joy, listening to and singing along with this music is the way to go. So much FUN for everyone; an easy way to get a carload of people on the same page with little effort. Travel by car long distances and short can be daunting depending on the personalities and ages of kids/ adults in a car, but not with the atmosphere provided by this music.

• Danielle Battisti says:

Psalty is the BEST!! My adult kids still remember the songs and situations. I love Psalty myself… truly God was in this!

• Susan Campbell says:

I grew up with Psalty and my kids grew up with Psalty and now I ordered a couple of sets for the Grandbabies and Godchildren to grow up with Psalty. Love the music and the fun! Thankyou so much!

• jessica gonzalez says:

I LOVED these as a kid and can’t wait to share them with my kids. Also don’t forget about HiTops, that was awesome also.